Way of the Pride! Now with forum fighting action 8D
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Offical AMV/Editing Help Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MarV
--Freshman--
avatar

Posts : 2
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 22
Location : Imaginationland

PostSubject: Re: Offical AMV/Editing Help Thread   Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:24 pm

Is my flow any good? :L /watch?v=S7ESsovCO9E
"New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diddy
Academy Student
avatar

Posts : 21
Join date : 2011-09-03
Age : 22
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: Offical AMV/Editing Help Thread   Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:42 pm

LoneSaiyan115 wrote:
That would be a question for proceed to answer since he is the masking king around here haha, once I see him on I'll direct him towards here
Yeah I heard from the podcast that he is revered for his masking. I could see why from the videos I saw on his old account + a few from his new account Very Happy

_________________
Face witches, get bitches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/ImDiddyKongFTW?feature=mhee
LoneSaiyan115
The Legendary Super Saiyan
avatar

Posts : 1739
Join date : 2010-04-12
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Offical AMV/Editing Help Thread   Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:58 pm

MarV wrote:
Is my flow any good? :L /watch?v=S7ESsovCO9E
"New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days"

Its pretty good dude... Although in my opinion this may have "too" much flow. You have to find a balance of flow and sync that you like and stick with it



This vid is a great example of flow and sync using the same anime you used

_________________
I am the one... The Saiyan of Legend

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MarV
--Freshman--
avatar

Posts : 2
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 22
Location : Imaginationland

PostSubject: Re: Offical AMV/Editing Help Thread   Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:26 pm

LoneSaiyan115 wrote:
MarV wrote:
Is my flow any good? :L /watch?v=S7ESsovCO9E
"New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days"

Its pretty good dude... Although in my opinion this may have "too" much flow. You have to find a balance of flow and sync that you like and stick with it



This vid is a great example of flow and sync using the same anime you used
Hmm i see what you mean.
and that vid you showed me got my even more hyped for Fate/Zero Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
proceedtoheaven
Fuck you, thats who...
avatar

Posts : 1441
Join date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Offical AMV/Editing Help Thread   Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:59 pm

when it comes to motion masks there are ways to cheat...but i dont suggest them. at all. listen to some other music while you mask and it makes it abit less tedious. and as for the mask looking forced. the best advice i can give is make sure your vid flows right to allow a mask transition or mask use. it wont look forced if it looks like the scene is in the right place at the right time.

like the transition from 5-6 here http://youtu.be/DRWZNC6CuYY

or in the masks used here like byakuyas hand or ichigo fading into the gran rey cero http://youtu.be/8-AHv6fq0Aw

or from 6-8 here http://youtu.be/WXZtCvvUDWc

you have to be able to be like OH a mask would look good here! you shouldnt haveto be like "hmmm...i wanna mask here..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wayofthepride.forum-motion.com
Diddy
Academy Student
avatar

Posts : 21
Join date : 2011-09-03
Age : 22
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: Offical AMV/Editing Help Thread   Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:06 pm

proceedtoheaven wrote:
When it comes to motion masks there are ways to cheat...but i dont suggest them. at all. Listen to some other music while you mask and it makes it abit less tedious.
Yeah I figured there wasn't, and thanks I'll try that.

proceedtoheaven wrote:
the best advice i can give is make sure your vid flows right to allow a mask transition or mask use. it wont look forced if it looks like the scene is in the right place at the right time. You have to be able to be like OH a mask would look good here! you shouldnt have to be like "hmmm...i wanna mask here...
Okay I think I see what you mean. I guess they look forced because they are kind of forced lol. Unfortunately I do have that later mentality where I don't really think a mask would look good, I'm more like "no masks = shit video" and I just try to jam them in there whenever I can, and like I said, it ends up looking horrible. Thanks for the help =)

proceedtoheaven wrote:
like the transition from 5-6 here /DRWZNC6CuYY

or in the masks used here like byakuyas hand or ichigo fading into the gran rey cero /8-AHv6fq0Aw

or from 6-8 here /WXZtCvvUDWc
Yeah I had seen those and I was thinking how good they looked and how well they worked with the scene. Gave me an idea was to what kind of masks work. Seems best if they are really subtle. Seems more natural that way. Once again thanks for the help Very Happy I'll try to work on this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/ImDiddyKongFTW?feature=mhee
nevergotim
5th Seat Soul Reaper
avatar

Posts : 225
Join date : 2010-08-31
Age : 22
Location : Cheagle Woods

PostSubject: Re: Offical AMV/Editing Help Thread   Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:58 pm

Does anyone know how to make 1920x1080 into widescreen 480p?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LoneSaiyan115
The Legendary Super Saiyan
avatar

Posts : 1739
Join date : 2010-04-12
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Offical AMV/Editing Help Thread   Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:57 pm

nevergotim wrote:
Does anyone know how to make 1920x1080 into widescreen 480p?

the very annoying way is to go into your pan/crop tool. Make all the clips you put onto the editing track widescreen then render it out into 720 by 480 resolution

the easier way is to script it to be that size via vDub

_________________
I am the one... The Saiyan of Legend

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GaryOak
Death Sythe
avatar

Posts : 505
Join date : 2010-10-11
Age : 23
Location : North/Central Pennsylvania

PostSubject: Re: Offical AMV/Editing Help Thread   Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:09 am

Why does my editing suck so much?



I've been editing for 5 years now, and I'm still not good.

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/imveryhungry
LoneSaiyan115
The Legendary Super Saiyan
avatar

Posts : 1739
Join date : 2010-04-12
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Offical AMV/Editing Help Thread   Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:50 am

Lol that vid there does not suck to me. It had some decent flow to it. Granted it was 12 seconds long haha

_________________
I am the one... The Saiyan of Legend

Back to top Go down
View user profile
nevergotim
5th Seat Soul Reaper
avatar

Posts : 225
Join date : 2010-08-31
Age : 22
Location : Cheagle Woods

PostSubject: Re: Offical AMV/Editing Help Thread   Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:35 pm

LoneSaiyan115 wrote:
nevergotim wrote:
Does anyone know how to make 1920x1080 into widescreen 480p?

the very annoying way is to go into your pan/crop tool. Make all the clips you put onto the editing track widescreen then render it out into 720 by 480 resolution

the easier way is to script it to be that size via vDub

I thought I deleted this lol
I'll try the annoying way next time I need to do this since I'm not so knowledgeable with scripting Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LoneSaiyan115
The Legendary Super Saiyan
avatar

Posts : 1739
Join date : 2010-04-12
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Offical AMV/Editing Help Thread   Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:00 pm

nevergotim wrote:
LoneSaiyan115 wrote:
nevergotim wrote:
Does anyone know how to make 1920x1080 into widescreen 480p?

the very annoying way is to go into your pan/crop tool. Make all the clips you put onto the editing track widescreen then render it out into 720 by 480 resolution

the easier way is to script it to be that size via vDub

I thought I deleted this lol
I'll try the annoying way next time I need to do this since I'm not so knowledgeable with scripting Thanks

if you ever want help just give us you msn name... me and or compbros can help you with it

_________________
I am the one... The Saiyan of Legend

Back to top Go down
View user profile
nevergotim
5th Seat Soul Reaper
avatar

Posts : 225
Join date : 2010-08-31
Age : 22
Location : Cheagle Woods

PostSubject: Re: Offical AMV/Editing Help Thread   Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:14 am

LoneSaiyan115 wrote:
nevergotim wrote:
LoneSaiyan115 wrote:
nevergotim wrote:
Does anyone know how to make 1920x1080 into widescreen 480p?

the very annoying way is to go into your pan/crop tool. Make all the clips you put onto the editing track widescreen then render it out into 720 by 480 resolution

the easier way is to script it to be that size via vDub

I thought I deleted this lol
I'll try the annoying way next time I need to do this since I'm not so knowledgeable with scripting Thanks

if you ever want help just give us you msn name... me and or compbros can help you with it

Ill keep this in mind ;D Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
proceedtoheaven
Fuck you, thats who...
avatar

Posts : 1441
Join date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Offical AMV/Editing Help Thread   Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:01 pm

diddy thats not true allot of great vids have no maskign at all. if your better at flow focus on that. if your best with blurs and fades use that. dont let others guide what looks good to YOU. as we said in our podcast. edit how YOU want to edit. its your style to make and your skill to improve. so good luck with that masks if you continue to try and improve em. its a pain i know~ but if you liek how they look in a vid its worth it just for the sake of your own interest! 8D

_________________

-thanks to Narutoguy003 for the sig-
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wayofthepride.forum-motion.com
Diddy
Academy Student
avatar

Posts : 21
Join date : 2011-09-03
Age : 22
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: Offical AMV/Editing Help Thread   Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:03 pm

proceedtoheaven wrote:
Everything that Proceed said

Yeah haha I am steadily discovering that XD Haven't really edited a ton so I just kind of watch other people edit and see how well some of the things they do look and often when I see good videos they do have masking in them so I was like "hmm it seems like whenever people use masks it looks good" then I discovered it's not really the facy that they masked but more how they used it that made it awesome. And to me it's just so much more interesting of an effect to use than nearly any others I have seen. Just seems to have the most freedom to use to me.

_________________
Face witches, get bitches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/ImDiddyKongFTW?feature=mhee
nosaint317
Saiyan Elite
avatar

Posts : 417
Join date : 2010-10-18
Age : 31
Location : South Mississippi

PostSubject: Re: Offical AMV/Editing Help Thread   Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:35 am

anyone got a copy of vegas I can get my hands on? 9 won't work for some reason so I guess It'll have to be 11 or 10

_________________

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/nosaint317
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Offical AMV/Editing Help Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
Offical AMV/Editing Help Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Official Bleach Manga Thread. *Spoilers Alert!*
» Photo Editing And Picture Request.
» RP Dice Roll Thread
» NightMares (Official Thread)
» Photo Editing Requests

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anime/Manga Based Discussion :: AMV's-
Jump to: